The Cochrane Public Art Gallery is located on the lower level of the library, and available for local and surrounding artists to book on a monthly basis.
For information on the current Gallery Exhibit, visit our Events page here.
Room: 34′ long x 25′ wide
Square Footage: 850 sq’ floor space
Wall Exhibit Space:
- Section 1 = 3.25′ high x 6′ long
- Section 2 = 3.25′ high x 12.75′ long
- Section 3 = 3.25′ high x 34′ long
- Section 4 = 3.25′ high x 20′ long
- Section 5 = 3.25′ high x 8′ long
Also available for exhibit use are: 2 large black wooden floor easels (tall); 2 table top metal scroll easels (short); 2 square carpeted floor modules to display or seating; and two mobile, locking glass floor display cabinets.
The parties hereto agree to the following:
- Each exhibiting Artist(s) agrees to pay a $10.00 artist fee, which will be paid to the Gallery at the time the art work is delivered for display.
- The Artist(s) will be responsible to have their work to the gallery, in a condition suitable for display, by the setup date.
- The Artist is responsible for the hanging and displaying of their artwork, as well as the take down, which includes the removal of all nails.
- The Artist will be responsible for insurance coverage of their works during this exhibition.
- The Library Gallery Committee will help with the promotion of the Artist’s exhibit by way of printing posters for distribution in the library and community, on social media, and at the local radio stations. The artist(s) will be responsible to distribute the posters around town and if they would like to place an ad in the newspaper it would be at their cost.
- The Artist(s) should be in attendance at their opening reception and is responsible for providing the refreshments and food as they see fit. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted unless special permission is obtained from the Cochrane Public Library Board.
- The Gallery will not permit reproduction of the works of art in the exhibition for purposes of sales, rental, loan or distribution of any kind without written permission of the Artist(s).
- The Gallery Committee will receive a 10% commission on all sales while the exhibit is showing in the CPL Gallery. Clearly indicate on the identification cards if the work is for sale or not, and the cost.
- It is understood that the work referred to above is to be displayed for the entire duration of the exhibition and will not be removed for any reason by either party before that time. Sold art work will be released to the buyer at the end of the exhibition.
- The Artist(s) are aware that the Gallery Exhibit will not be supervised. There is video surveillance in the hallway, entrances and exits of the library.
- The Gallery will be open to the public during regular Library business hours.
- In the event that the performance, on the part of the Artist or the Gallery, shall be delayed or prevented by an act of nature, physical disability etc. it is understood and agreed that there shall be no claim for damages by either party for any prevention or delay.
- All amendments and modifications of this agreement will be with the written mutual consent of both parties.
The calendar for 2019 is quickly filling up. Please make your requests in advance.
Artists are asked to print out the Inventory List and complete for each piece.