Information for CPL customers who want to request materials from another library system
Use Interlibrary Loan to request books, microfilm, photocopies, or other material that Cochrane Public Library doesn’t have in its collections.
What you can request
Types of materials you can request
- You can request any type of item, depending on availability and the policies of the lending library, but in general, DVDs, CDs, and other audiovisual materials are not available for interlibrary loan.
- If CPL only has a reference (in-library use) copy of an item, you can use Interlibrary Loan to request a circulating copy from another library system.
- Microfilms and journal articles can be requested as long as you have specific citations for what you want.
Types of materials you can’t request
- Items with circulating copies in Cochrane Public Library
- Material published in the last 12 months
- Rare and fragile material, original manuscripts
- Reference material
- Newspapers and magazines
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, online resources
Making a request
A valid Cochrane Public Library card is required to make an interlibrary loan request.
To submit an interlibrary loan request please fill out a form at the library or email email@example.com